Applying for your OHIP Billing number
An OHIP billing number, or provider number, is necessary when submitting OHIP fee for service claims. New physicians have 6 months to obtain a billing number from the time they start submitting claims to the Ministry of Health before those claims become stale and unpaid.
To make things simple, we put together a checklist so you can get on track and start filling up that bank account again. Here’s what you will need in order to begin billing claims to MOHLTC:
- After completing exams, you must apply for an Independant Practice License to be registered with the CPSO to practice medicine in Ontario
- Have a primary Ontario practice address
- Complete the Ministry of Health’s Application for OHIP Billing Number
- Include this completed form so you can receive monthly payments for claim submissions by direct bank payment.
- Submit the above
- by email: ProviderRegistration.MOH@ontario.ca
- by fax: 613-545-5848
Once the ministry has processed your application, you can expect a letter to your practice address with next steps.
For extra assistance: